2017 is coming to a close and it's time to reflect on some of the many accomplishments this year. We are extremely proud of the strides we've made and excited for the future. With continued involvement and effort from members, we will reach even greater heights so that we may have a greater impact on our community. Thank you to everyone who has invested their time and energy into the #TRibe!
- Debuted new drums ‘Thunder’ a 36” vintage '70s Slingerland bass drum and a 14" high tension marching snare
- Competed in the 2016 Pepito Cup hosted by Guiseppe Rossi. Posted 2nd best record in the tournament
- Hosted East Village Bar Crawl
- Coordinated NY Rangers match group outing
- Coordinated Manchester City trip which included Spurs match, stadium and academy tour, supporters group mini tournament at the academy and City Square Live interview
- Marched in Chinese New Year Parade
- Coordinated food drive for Food Bank for New York City and collected 100 lbs of food
- Kicked off the new season with a new partner bar, St. Pats. Hosted over 300 people at season opener watch party
- Supported Dallas Beer Guardians’ Day of Giving Back in Denton, TX
- Distributed a new premium giveaway for membership: Patrick Vieira bobblehead
- New TR signage and a membership table at Yankee Stadium
- Coordinated a member tour of ESPN HQ
- Hosted a #Railgate at The Bronx Brewery. Over 100 members attended
- Marched in the NYC Pride Parade
- Competed in Street Soccer USA Times Square Cup
- Established a new partnership with the Bronx Brewery with free beer at a number of tailgates and events
- Debuted our new Mitchell & Ness, NYCFC, TR collection with a fabulous launch party at Upper90 Astoria
- Sent 2 lucky members to the Colorado Rapids away match in Denver courtesy of St. Pat’s
- Extended the Electric City product range
- Coordinated 2 open practice dates at the team facility in SUNY Purchase attended by 100 TR members
- Hosted full tailgates at RBA, East Hartford and New England courtesy of TRCT and TRNJ
- Hosted full tailgate at CitiField
- Exclusive time at NYCFC House with FIFA 17 Tournament and merch discount
- Donated over $1,000 to Tickets for Troops. Gave away 40 match tickets and TR Veteran’s Appreciation scarves
- Donated over $4,000 to South Bronx United via their Charity Cup and Annual Benefit
- Donated $250 to Texian Army (Houston Dynamo supporters) for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- Hosted End of Season party at Barleycorn NYC with Jolty Awards
- Grew social media following to Twitter: 12.1K, Instagram: 16.1K
- Number of members: 1040
"South Bronx United, Inc. is a nonprofit youth development organization, founded in 2009, that serves more than nearly 1,000 boys and girls each year through programs on the soccer field, in the classroom, and in the community. South Bronx United (SBU) combines academic enrichment, college prep, mentoring, leadership development, health and wellness programs, immigrant legal services, and other family and youth supports with recreational and travel soccer. SBU participants range from ages 4 to 20 years old and primarily come from low-income, immigrant families. The SBU Academy, the organization's highest-touch program, aims to provide a path from middle school to high school to college and careers. Within the past five years, 100 percent of SBU Academy seniors have graduated high school and 94 percent have enrolled in college."
The Third Rail understands the value of support. That is why we are honored to be bronze level sponsors of the youth advocacy programs of South Bronx United through their annual benefit. This years benefit will honor NYCFC President Jon Patricof and will be held on November 16th in Manhattan. Anyone interested to attend can find additional information and tickets here: http://www.sbusupporters.org/benefit.
A few weeks ago, we sent Daniel Foci out with Jillian Sakovits and Susannah Collins to try and beat Ben Sweat in a crossbar challenge. How did he fair? Find out in the video...
Photos by Kevin Cifuentes
The Third Rail and its New Jersey chapter hosted another awesome #Railgate at Red Bull Arena. Despite the Friday 3 pm start time, the turnout was fantastic! We wonder what excuses everyone used to get out of work early? Check out some of the photos from the day below.
Copa 90 dropped by earlier this year to get some feedback on rivalries in MLS and, of course, NYCFC vs Red Bull had to be included. In addition to NYC, they hit Vancouver, Seattle and Portland. Check out this video to see what they learned.
Photos by Kevin Cifuentes.
Thanks to everyone that came out to the #Railgate at Bronx Brewery! We had over 100 members and their guests party with us and we had a great time. Thanks so much to The Bronx Brewery and STUF'd Food Truck.
Check out this short photoset and visit Kevin's Instagram page (linked above) for more.
On August 6th we will display our latest tifo. It's a 2 panel project with each piece measuring 40' x 50'. Here are some quick notes about the process:
- 16 people worked on the tifo.
- Over 15 hours were invested from start to finish.
- Approximately 20 gallons of paint were used.
- 6 pizzas were consumed.
- 1 incredible memory was made.
- The tifo will be displayed for up to 45 seconds.
Tifo is one of the experiences that help define supporter culture and we are proud of and thankful for the people who volunteered the time and energy to help this process along. Check out some photos from the day below to take a behind the scenes look at how it's done. If you want to get involved in tifo in the future, please shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Two years ago The Third Rail traveled to Frisco, Texas to watch NYCFC play FC Dallas. We reached out to Blue Moon Dallas, a Manchester City supporters group in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and were welcomed with open arms to their city. This short video captures some of that moment and will forever be in our hearts and minds when we think back on year one.
Community service is, and always will be, a key component of what we do as a supporters group. Today we were fortunate enough to be invited to assist another supporters group half way across the country on the most important community event of their season.
The Dallas Beer Guardians in conjunction with G.O.A.L. (Guys and Girls Operating As Leaders) provided support to 500 youth participating in a double elimination tournament 3 groups; Elementary, Boys and Girls. It was an amazing day for youth soccer players in Dallas that we were happy and proud to be apart of.
G.O.A.L.'s mission is to nurture leadership qualities among second language learners and at-risk students through mental, emotional, and physical wellness in a high-trust environment.
Check out some of the photos from the day.
The story of Jack Harrison’s childhood in England and how, with the guidance of his Mother, he took a risk and left the famed Manchester United Academy for America to further his education. Eventually, he worked his way through high school and college to Major League Soccer and New York City Football Club.
Here's a preview of the The Third Rail Patrick Vieira bobblehead. (This pre-production preview may vary slightly from the final product.) This unique piece is a giveaway to the first 1,000 members for the 2017 season and should be arriving in the first half of June.
The weather is heating up and so is The Third Rail merchandise. This Friday, two new limited edition summer weight scarves are on sale on our webstore. The first is a fresh new design by William Conklin featuring a unique line pattern on a white background and is made of a lightweight and breathable jersey material. The other is a youth size scarf made exclusively for our Light Rail children. It features the TR Pigeon, a bold orange side that highlights The Light Rail and is also made of lightweight and breathable jersey material.
We look forward to seeing these around the stadium on gamedays. Check out the preview images below and be sure to come back on Friday at 9 am to purchase from our webstore!
What do you do when you're nearing the final whistle of a soccer match, you've missed a few goal scoring opportunities, you have a breakaway opportunity that starts at midfield, you're covered by two defenders and you're just too tired to try and run it out. Well, when you're David Villa, you just chip the keeper from 53.5 yards out. +1. Game.
The Third Rail was there and it was a moment of pure bliss. Commemorate a surefire goal of the year candidate with this Topps Now trading card. This card is limited to the number purchased in 24 hours so act now to secure your copy. Sales close tomorrow, 4/18/17, at around 2 pm. Click the link below to purchase! Time is ticking...
THIRD RAIL MEMBERS BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR MEMBER APP FOR AN EXCLUSIVE DEAL!
Join in this Saturday for a special #SoccerSocialHour to raise money for America SCORES New York.
The NY soccer community will come together this Saturday at Brooklyn Brewery for a special event to support America SCORES NY. Tickets include all-you-can-drink Brooklyn Brewery beers, snacks from Insomnia Cookies, popcorn from Nitehawk Cinemas, and entry into a very cool raffle.
And as a K+S supporter, you can get a 23% discount on tickets. Simply click the BUY TICKETS button below and use the code KANDS.
- K+S #SoccerSocialHour w/ America SCORES NY
- Saturday, April 8, 9:00PM to Midnight
- Brooklyn Brewery, 79 North 11th Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn (MAP | Subway: L train to Bedford Ave.)
$50 with discount code KANDS (regular price: $65)
- Unlimited beer, chance to win great prizes, snacks from Insomnia Cookies, popcorn from Nitehawk Cinema
Raffle prizes include, among others:
- Samsung tablet
- signed Thomas Muller Bayern Munich jersey
- K+S New York 2017 festival passes
- Fitness classes from SoulCycle, Swerve, and more
- Sunskis eyewear
Get your Topps Now Villa "Backheel" card NOW! This card recognizes Villa's knack for sexy backheel flicks. 2 of which led to goals that helped the team grab 3 points at home versus the San Jose Quakes. This card is limited to the number purchased in 24 hours so act now to secure your copy. Sales close tomorrow, 4/4/17, at around 2 pm. Click the link below to purchase! Time is ticking...
THIRD RAIL MEMBERS BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR MEMBER APP FOR AN EXCLUSIVE DEAL!
We have a new song we'd like to sing for one of our favorite players! We think he deserves it. It's short, sweet and simple. Please learn it if you don't know it already and let's give our boy Tommy a shout at the next home game on April 23rd.
Tommy, can you hear me?
Can you feel me near you?
Tommy, can you see me?
Can I help to cheer you?
Oooooooh, Tommy... Tommy... Tommy...
Check out The Third Rail's Spring '17 Mixtape! This playlist features uptempo tunes (mostly about love) to get you through the April showers. Listen, share and be sure to tell us what your favorite songs are.
NEW YORK CITY, March 22, 2017 - The Third Rail S.C., the largest independently run soccer supporters group for New York City Football Club, is excited to announce a partnership with The Bronx Brewery, the largest, independently owned brewery in The Bronx, for the 2017 Major League Soccer season.
Starting April 1st, The Bronx Brewery will become the official beer partner of The Third Rail. This partnership brings together two local, community-focused organizations, working together to create a lasting impact in The Bronx. Together the two organizations will support NYCFC supporters culture by providing beer at a variety of Third Rail events, work together on community service events, and host unique experiences at the South Bronx brewery location.
Rox Fontaine, President of The Third Rail said:
“As a supporter organization with over 1000 members, The Third Rail is focused on supporting NYCFC and the local community. Engaging with members and fans over pints is a part of our culture, and we couldn’t be happier to work with a brewery that is local, active in The Bronx, and wants to work with us to support our mission in NYC. Cheers to that!”
Patrick Libonate, The Bronx Brewery VP of Marketing, commented:
“As a local business based in the South Bronx, we are thrilled to partner with The Third Rail, a group of supporters as passionate about their team as we are about beer, and who both possess a shared love for The Bronx. There's no better tradition in sports than enjoying a soccer match and beers with friends, and so we look forward to year one of this partnership.”